At this time of year, the MAL starts the process of creating Spring Travel Baseball teams. Travel baseball differs from the recreational baseball as it provides a more competitive playing environment. This accelerates development which helps participants develop the skills needed to play in High School. Travel baseball requires a personal commitment from everyone on the team in order to compete effectively. This helps reinforce the fundamental (and life) lesson of competitive sports – “Success is a by-product of hard-work, and dedication.”
If your child is interested in participating in the 2020 Spring season, please fill out the form using the link below. This needs to be completed by Jan. 26th, 2020. This registration is just an indication of interest, and will take less than a minute to complete. There are no costs or obligations to join at this time. For more information see the program description below.
- The season will begin mid-March (weather permitting) and conclude early June. Teams may hold optional Winter workouts at an additional cost. This depends on the level of interest from a given team.
- The level of commitment varies by team. Expect at least 1 practice, and 1 game per week. The Spring season will consist of 8 games. Teams may hold additional practices, play extra games, and join some optional tournaments.
- Cost is dependent on the age group and amount of games played. They will be in the range of $125 – $200 per participant. Uniforms are an additional cost but can last 2-4 years. They can be purchased for around $65 – $100.
- Travel players are required to enroll in the MAL recreational baseball program. That program will start early April and conclude early June.
- Depending on the level of interest, tryouts may be scheduled to determine team rosters. If tryouts are held, the MAL will utilize outside evaluators with extensive baseball coaching experience to observe and complete player ratings. These ratings will then be reviewed with members of the MAL Board and the Baseball Committee.
- Coaches will be selected after the rosters are finalized. They will be selected by the MAL baseball commissioner after consultation with the board, and other members of the team.
- Unlike recreational baseball, there are no minimum playing-time requirements. Coaches can use their discretion when deciding play-time.
- This travel program will make a considerable effort to find roster spots for all who would like to play. In order to do that, we may combine with other towns or grades to form additional teams.
- If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org