General Schedule For Games & Practices
Specific game schedules will be available in late Aug. The weekday you practice will be determined in mid August by your coach (1st-8th grades). We combine two grades per division (1st-8th grades).
Pre-K Kickers: schedule is determined by Soccer Shots (Friday and Saturday classes)
“Kinder-Kickers,” Girls (Kindergarten):
- No formal games. Practice: Sat, 2:15-3:15pm, from September 10th to mid November
“Kinder-Kickers,” Boys (Kindergarten):
- No formal games. Practice: Sat, 3:30-4:30pm, from Sept 10 to mid November
1st/2nd Grade Boys (Div 6B):
- Games vs. other Montvale teams: Sat, 1:00pm, September 10 to mid November
- Practice: once a week, 5:30-7:00pm. Starts mid/late August. Your coach picks the weekday
1st/2nd Grade Girls (Div 6G):
- Games vs. other Montvale teams: Sat, 2:15pm, September 10 to mid November
- Practice: once a week, 5:30-7:00pm. Starts mid/late August . Your coach picks the weekday
3rd/4th Grade Girls (Div 5G); 5th/6th Grade Girls (Div 4G); 7th/8th Grade Girls (Div 3G):
- Games vs. local towns: Saturdays at 9:15am or 11:00am (depending on the week)
- Season runs from September 10 to mid November. Home (Fieldstone) and away games (at local towns) are played
- Practice: once a week, 5:30-7:00pm,. From mid/late August to mid October. Your coach picks the weekday
3rd/4th Grade Boys (Div 5B); 5th/6th Grade Boys (Div 4B); 7th/8th Grade Boys (Div 3B):
- Games vs. local towns: Sundays at 1:00pm or 3:00pm, (depending on the week)
- Season runs from September 11 to mid November, Home (Fieldstone) and away games (at local towns) are played
- Practice: once a week, 5:30-7:00pm, Fieldstone. From mid/late August to mid October. Your coach picks the weekday
- Home games/practices take place on eight different turf fields at Fieldstone Middle School (47 Spring Valley Rd, Montvale): four are “small-sized” (60x40yds), two are “mid-sized” (80x50yds), and two are “regulation-size” (100x60yds). It is important to know which field you will be playing/practicing on so everything starts on time. Your coach will send you a field map.
After safety, competitive balance is priority #1 (which is a safety issue in of itself).
- Every attempt is made to create teams that are equal in terms of talent and age. To help ensure this, coaches can only request one assistant coach at the draft. We also make sure players don’t “play down” (see Division Eligibility below).
- Requests for a specific coach, teammate or practice day will not be accepted as it disrupts competitive balance. One exception: siblings can be on the same team.
- Please do not quit once teams have been drafted as it disrupts competitive balance. (This is why refunds are not given after teams have been drafted.)
- Player photos are required 3rd-8th grades for game-day passes, which refs check prior to every game. This helps maintain competitive balance (i.e., no “stacking” teams by “borrowing” strong or older players).
- NWBSA does “dynamic scheduling” to make game schedules more balanced. After week five, teams will be better matched according to records — e.g., 0-5 teams will be matched against other 0-5 teams, etc.